Here are some of the most common FAQs I receive:
What is a Healing Session?
Healing sessions are a wonderful experience. It can be a moderate and relaxing experience or a very powerful session of releasing and letting go of what is no longer serving. That part is up to you and wherever you are willing to go.Basically on the receiver’s end: you meditate, listen, and feel.First we chat (video call, phone call, or face to face if that’s an option) about whatever needs to be discussed: how you are, what’s going on, what you need, how you’re feeling generally in life or about anything in particular that might be going on for you.During that chat I give you some tips that will be most helpful for you to bring with you into the experience of the session itself.Then we shift into the more meditative experience. If we’re doing a virtual session, phones go off to the side but we stay connected. We don’t need to see each other, you just need to be able to hear me.You lay down and get comfy cozy. Then I use meditation and hypnotherapy techniques to bring you into a fully relaxed state. From there, you lay back, listen, feel and go wherever the journey takes you.I connect with your energetic/emotional body. I find stagnant energy, energy that you’re holding onto that is no longer serving you, and energy tied to trauma, pain, and false/limiting beliefs.I use Shamanic healing techniques, sound healing, light language, energy work (Reiki), and all of my skills to move the energy and guide you through the process of releasing it.Along the way we open and heal your chakras. We do inner child healing, soul retrieval, past life healing, and more. I guide you through releasing what is no longer serving you.We connect you to your heart, to love, to your soul, to your truest self. We remind you what true, unconditional love feels like.We remind you how powerful you are.At the end, I guide you out of your meditative state. We come back on the phone- share experiences and any messages that may have come through. I answer any questions and give you all of the tools for you to continue the healing and integration process.Healing Sessions are a sacred time for YOU. I will hold you, love you, & create the safest space for you to journey.I would be honored to guide you through a session.
What will I feel/experience during?
- Every session is different and everybody is different. It is best if you come in with no expectations of what you will or want to experience. For some people the session is relaxing. Some people fall asleep (yes, falling asleep is okay! Energy work is just like receiving a massage- whether you're awake or asleep, you're still receiving the massage!). Some people experience physical sensations such as tingling, pins and needles, pulsing, vibrational buzzing, itching, tremors, bubbling, heat, coolness, cramping, tugging, gas, or just the feeling of something moving throughout the body. These sensations can be anywhere from mild to intense. It just energy moving and ultimately releasing- nothing to be afraid of! Some people see colors or have visions similar to when you're dreaming. Some people feel like crying, yawning, sneezing, screaming, growling, burping, or very rarely even vomiting (don't freak out! I said very rarely and I meant it!). Again- it is just energy being released and is nothing to be afraid of. It has to come out one way or another! I will be there guiding you every step of the way!
How do Distance Sessions work? Is it less effective than in person?
- Absolutely not! In person and distance sessions are equally as effective- I do not need to be in the room with you to connect to your energy body. I've worked and practiced in a lot of my training as a Shamanic Practitioner traveling to other dimensions, realities, and realms so connecting to someone's energy in another state or country comes very naturally to me.
Is there anything I need to do to prepare for a session?
- Technically, no- there is nothing required that you need to do before a session. There are a few things that will help you get the most out of a session. It would be a good idea for you to practice basic meditation for a few days prior to the session- even just for 5-10 minutes a day. It would be helpful to spend some time journaling or reflecting on your intention and what you're looking to get out of the session. Limiting or avoiding alcohol and highly processed food for a few days before the session is also a good idea. Again- none of these are required practices- just suggestions!
Do I need anything for the session?
- If we are doing a Distance Session- A quiet space where you will not be interrupted is a must! Other things that are not required but encouraged if they resonate: You are invited to set a sacred space for yourself in whatever way you like- you can light a candle, burn some sage or incense, have any crystals around that call to you. For distance sessions I do recommend wearing headphones- they generally make the session more immersive for the recipient. I also recommend having a journal or just pen and paper nearby so you are able to write down important notes and takeaways.
Anything else I should know?
- The session will always give you what you need, not what you want. When you allow yourself to surrender and get your ego out of the way- you will realize that what you needed is actually what you REALLY wanted. Every single session is different. Come into the session with an open mind and an open heart. Release any and all expectations. The more you allow yourself to put your walls down and get vulnerable- the more productive the session will be! Oh and STAY HYDRATED! Do you best to be well hydrated before the session and definitely after the session. Energy work can be very dehydrating.