Here are some of the most common FAQs I receive:
What is a Yatra Session?
- "Yatra" is Sanskrit for "journey" - more specifically, a journey to a sacred place or space. A Yatra Session with me is a journey into your sacred darkness, into the depths of your soul. I will guide you, hold space for you, and anchor in light, love, and protection as you travel where you need to go, see what you need to see, know what you need to know, feel what you need to feel, release what you need to release.
Who is a Yatra Session for?
- A Yatra Session is for anyone who is ready to do the deep soul work. Anyone who is ready to visit their demons, explore their trauma, dive deep into their soul with the intention of releasing what is now longer serving. Yatra Sessions are only for the brave and the people who are willing to do the work.
What is a Rasa Session?
- "Rasa" is Sanskrit for "nourishment". A Rasa Session is an Energy Healing and Bodywork session. These are gentle sessions that involve Reiki & Shamanic Energy Healing that allow us to go deep into your energy body and give you exactly what you need. These sessions also involve hands on bodywork - this may include reflexology, joint mobilization, light touch, gentle shaking, soft tissue work - whatever your body needs. This is a hands on healing session. The intention of a Rasa Session is to cleanse, clear, feel held, nourished, and receive healing
Who is a Rasa Session for?
- A Rasa session is for anyone who is looking to just receive healing, clearing, and energy cleansing in a space where they will feel held, supported, and loved. This is also a great option for anyone who is curious about a Yatra Session but doesn't feel quite ready for the deep dive.
What is the difference between a Yatra Session and a Rasa Session?
- A Yatra Session is a deep dive into healing. The intention of the Yatra Session is to explore the depths of whatever you are being called to release, let go of, and heal. We enter into the energy from a place of curiosity to feel, find understanding, learn lessons, release what is no longer serving, and to receive healing. These sessions are usually twice as long as a Rasa session and involve hypnotherapy techniques that you will not experience during a Rasa Session. The intention of the Rasa Session is for you to just lay back and receive healing. Along the way we will cleanse and clear anything in your field that is no longer serving. A Rasa Session is a bit more focused on body work and as previously mentioned there is no hypnotherapy aspect.
- A Yatra Session is completely custom to you and what you need. It can be a moderate and relaxing experience or a very powerful session of releasing and letting go of what is no longer serving. That part is up to you and wherever you are willing to go.
First we chat (video call, phone call, or face to face if we are in person) about whatever needs to be discussed: how you are, what’s going on, what you need, how you’re feeling generally in life or about anything in particular that might be going on for you.During that chat I give you some tips that will be most helpful for you to bring with you into the experience of the session itself.Then we shift into the meditative experience portion. If we’re doing a virtual session, phones go off to the side but we stay connected. We don’t need to see each other, you just need to be able to hear me.You lay down and get comfy cozy. Then I use meditation and hypnotherapy techniques to bring you into a fully relaxed state. From there, you lay back, listen, feel and go wherever the journey takes you.I connect with your energetic/emotional body. I use hypnotherapy techniques- I will ask you questions and guide you along the journey. I find stagnant energy, energy that you’re holding onto that is no longer serving you, and energy tied to trauma, pain, and false/limiting beliefs.I use Shamanic healing techniques, sound healing, light language, energy work (Reiki), and all of my skills to move the energy and guide you through the process of releasing it.Along the way we open and heal your chakras. We do inner child healing, soul retrieval, past life healing, and more. I guide you through releasing what is no longer serving you.We connect you to your heart, to love, to your soul, to your truest self. We remind you what true, unconditional love feels like.We remind you how powerful you are.At the end, I guide you out of your meditative state. We come back together- share experiences and any messages that may have come through. I answer any questions and give you all of the tools for you to continue the healing and integration process.Yatra Sessions are a sacred time for YOU. I will hold you, love you, & create the safest space for you to journey.I would be honored to guide you through a session.
What is the added Bodywork that is done in person?
- Since we are in person for I can use hands on healing techniques, or Bodywork, on you. This can involve a few different things including reflexology, light touching, joint mobility work, soft tissue work, gentle shaking (Trauma Release Exercises), gentle stretching, sweeping, brushing, and anything else I may be intuitively called to do. We will have a conversation before the session to go over any specifics, to establish any boundaries you have, and to make sure that you are completely comfortable and understand what will happen. Your comfort and safety is the main priority of the session. You will be on a massage table for this session.
What will I feel/experience during?
- Every session is different and everybody is different. It is best if you come in with no expectations of what you will or want to experience. Some people experience physical sensations such as tingling, pins and needles, pulsing, vibrational buzzing, itching, tremors, bubbling, heat, coolness, cramping, tugging, gas, or just the feeling of something moving throughout the body. These sensations can be anywhere from mild to intense. It just energy moving and ultimately releasing- nothing to be afraid of! Some people see colors or have visions similar to when you're dreaming. Some people feel like crying, yawning, sneezing, screaming, growling, burping, or very rarely even vomiting (don't freak out! I said very rarely and I meant it!). Again- it is just energy being released and is nothing to be afraid of. It has to come out one way or another! I will be there guiding you every step of the way! For some people the session is relaxing. Some people fall asleep (yes, falling asleep is okay! Energy work is just like receiving a massage- whether you're awake or asleep, you're still receiving the massage!). The session will give you exactly what you NEED. The more you surrender, the easier it will be.
How do Distance Sessions work? Is it as effective as in person?
- Absolutely! In person and distance sessions are equally as effective- I do not need to be in the room with you to connect to your energy body. I've worked and practiced in a lot of my training as a Shamanic Practitioner traveling to other dimensions, realities, and realms so connecting to someone's energy in another state or country comes very naturally to me. The only difference is that I am not able to do Bodywork on your physical body, which adds to the session. But from a distance I am able to coach and guide you through some basic bodywork techniques that we will incorporate into your session.
Is there anything I need to do to prepare for a session?
- Technically, no- there is nothing required that you need to do before a session. There are a few things that will help you get the most out of a session. It would be a good idea for you to practice basic meditation for a few days prior to the session- even just for 5-10 minutes a day. It would be helpful to spend some time journaling or reflecting on your intention and what you're looking to get out of the session. Limiting or avoiding alcohol and highly processed food for a few days before the session is also a good idea. Again- none of these are required practices- just suggestions!
I saw something on your site about an option for ceremonial cannabis use. Can you tell me more about that?
- I regularly work with the sacred medicine of cannabis, one of our great teachers and plant medicine allies. Cannabis is a powerful medicine and ally that we can use to guide you into your journey and through the darkness. Using this medicine can help guide you deeper into your journey and possibly even enhance some psychedelic effects. This is a completely optional offering for you. We will use the medicine in a very ceremonial way, honoring the plant and its sacredness. If you would like to have a more personal conversation about this before your session please email me at email@example.com - this is offered for in person Yatra Sessions only
Do I need anything for the session?
- If we are doing a Virtual/Distance Session- A quiet space where you will not be interrupted is a must! Other things that are not required but encouraged if they resonate: You are invited to set a sacred space for yourself in whatever way you like- you can light a candle, burn some sage or incense, have any crystals around that call to you. For distance sessions I do recommend wearing headphones- they generally make the session more immersive for the recipient. I also recommend having a journal or just pen and paper nearby so you are able to write down important notes and takeaways.
- If we are doing an In Person Session- just show up in comfortable clothes! You may want to bring an extra sweater and warm socks to be sure you are comfortable.
How long is a Session?
- A Yatra Session doesn't have a set time. Sessions can be anywhere from 90m to 4 hours depending on how deep you are willing to go. On average an in person Yatra session is 3 hours and a virtual is usually 90m-2 hours We will stay in as long as we need to so that we can go where we need to go.
- A Rasa Session is 90m start to finish - we connect for 15 minutes when you arrive. The session itself is 60 minutes and then we will connect for about 15 minutes after as well to discuss anything that came up along the way, any messages that came through, and I will provide guidance for integration.
What is the financial investment?
- Sessions are priced on a sliding scale. The idea of a sliding scale is that you, the investor, are able to pick a price that works for you within your budget. If you need a session but finances are tight, you are invited to invest on the lower end of the sliding scale. If you need a session and are able to invest more, you are invited to explore the higher end of the sliding scale. Regardless of your investment, you will receive the exact session that you need!
Anything else I should know?
- If we are doing an In Person Session- I will send you the address when your session is confirmed
- The session will always give you what you need, not what you want. When you allow yourself to surrender and get your ego out of the way- you will realize that what you needed is actually what you REALLY wanted. Every single session is different. Come into the session with an open mind and an open heart. Release any and all expectations. The more you allow yourself to put your walls down and get vulnerable- the more productive the session will be!
- STAY HYDRATED! Do your best to be well hydrated before the session and definitely after the session. Energy work can be very dehydrating.
- There is no way to know how you will feel after the session. If possible, keep your schedule/day open for plenty of space for self care and reflection.